Grand Master Keun Ha Kim
Is a 9th dan black belt with well over 50 years of experience. Students strive to emulate his philosophy, mental discipline, concentration, patience, respect, self-control and self-confidence.
Grand Master Kim's teachings truly embody the love and compassion he fosters for his students and goes beyond the normal scope of an instructor. Since the opening of Kim’s Taekwondo in 1978, Grand Master Kim has expanded the legacy of Kim’s Taekwondo to 75 branch schools around the world. His legacy continues to flourish even today. In 2008 at the Beijing summer Olympics, Karine Sergerie who had trained with Grand Master Kim since a young age was the first woman in the history of Canada to obtain a silver medal in Taekwondo at the Olympics. Throughout the years since, Grand Master Kim has molded many Canadian champions and Pan am medalists. His teachings have reached places beyond the competitive world such as the Canadian troops at The Royal Military College Saint-Jean and members of the Montreal police. Overall, Grand Master Kim has helped students overcome many challenges by nurturing their physical and mental discipline through Taekwondo.
Awarded by the government of South Korea the Order of Civil Merit Medal. Awarded for providing outstanding and meritorious services in the fields of politics, economics, arts, etc.
- Awarded by Her Majesty the Queen, The Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal. Awarded for providing a significant contribution in international affairs between South Korea and Canada as ex-President and current Chairman of the federation of Korean-Canadian associations. And also for showing leadership in the Canadian Taekwondo community.
· Taekwondo Canada Senior Vice-president 1996-1997
· Taekwondo Canada elected president 1998-2000
· Pan American Taekwondo Union North region president 2000-2002
· World Taekwondo Federation Council member 2008-2009
· Canadian national team head coach 1998-1999
· Brown University physical exercise advisor 1992-present
· Harvard University physical exercise advisor 1994-present
· Yale University physical exercise advisor 1995-present